- March 1, 2012
Definition : The process in which Suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer : Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16yrs.
Time of administration : suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or atleast on every Pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
Benefits of suvarna prashan :
- Suvarna prashan increases immunity power and developes resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftenly.
- It builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activites, and also improves stamina for the same.
- Regular doses of Suwarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
- It kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
- Suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
- It helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
- It developes an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety sheild against diseases and complaints occuring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
- It helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
- It guards children from various allergies.
- It protects children from ailments occuring during teething phase.
- Tones up skin colour.
Overall it makes child healthier, children taking Suwarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguised from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
Reference of suvarna prashan sanskar in classics : ” Suvarnaprashan hi etat medhagnibalavardhanamm|
Aayushyam mangalam punyam vrushyam grahapaham||
Maasat paramamedhave vyaadhirbhirnn cha dhrushyate|
Shadbhirmaasai shrutdhar suvarnaprashanad bhavet|| ”
(Sutrasthanam Kashyap Samhita)
Swarna prashana develops medha (mental ability), agni (digestive power), bala (strength), aayu vardhana(prolonged life span), it is also Mangalakara(brings in good virtues in child, positive attitude in life, optimism, power to overcome mental and physical hardships, good fate), Vrushya(attractive nature and personality), Varnya(tones skin colour), Graha baadha nashaka(voids away associated evils). If swarna prashana is done regularly for 1mth then child becomes extremely intelligent and remains unaffected by any infective diseases,If taken for 6 months regularly then child will be shrutadhara excellent grasping.
Upcoming dates of Suvarna Prashan in 2014
January – 17th, February – 13th, March – 12th, April- 9th, May – 6th, June – 2nd, June – 30th, July- 27th, August – 23rd, September – 19th, October – 16th, November – 13th, December – 10th.
Suvarna prashan sanskar camp is organised at Seven ayurveda care, Pune on 21st December 2013, Saturday.
Ayurvedic Immunization Programme [Suvarna Prashana] is conducted under qualified ayurvedic doctors.
Doses will be administered with prior registration. For registration contact Dr.shweta -9860834246, 8888o32073.94